Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Lunch & Shopping

Back to another fun week.  How many people can say they get to do radiation and lunch everyday of the week?  Boy, do I feel special!

Monday I had a quick lunch date with this cute girl:



This is my oldest daughter, Summer.  Summer is 14 years old and almost as tall as me!  She is in 8th grade and is a straight A, honor-roll student.  Summer excels in math, can run a 10k or Ragnar in lightning speed, plays the piano, is currently obsessed with One Direction, is an awesome babysitter and is our soccer star (top goal-scorer on her team, babyyy!).  Summer is also going out for the new high school mountain biking team, much to her father's delight.  She is my sports girl, for sure! Things I love about Summer:  she's thoughtful, a great friend to others, witty, smart, sporty, beautiful (wish I had her eyelashes!) and loves to laugh and have fun.  A few things that drive me batty Summer could work on: messiness, the urge to hold onto every trinket, toy or craft ever acquired, procrastination (I have to take some credit for that one) and maybe being a little kinder to her little sisters.  Oh, and not rolling her eyes at me every time I ask her to do a job.  Not too much to ask, right?  I love this girl, though!!!

Beautiful smile!

Piano Recital

She rocks at snowboarding.

She's been with this team for probably 5 years now.


I checked Summer out of school and we grabbed a quick sandwich at Subway.  Did you know that Subway was started by a 17-year old as a way to earn college tuition?  Or that Subway serves 2,800 subs/salads every minute in the U.S?  Americans sure do love their Subway!  I'm a toasted turkey on wheat kind of gal.  What's your favorite Subway sandwich???



My lunch on Tuesday consisted of not one, but two dates:

Date #1

Date #2

Yup!  I went shopping!  Hey, therapy comes in many different forms, people!  I didn't have a lunch date, so I took advantage of the time and did a wee bit of damage at these places.  For a bargain shopper like me, these are two of my favorites for sure.  Spring weather should be arriving any day now... any time... I'm waiting for it... I just know it wants to come... pleeeeease come!  When it finally DOES appear, I want to be ready.  On my list were colored skinny jeans (check), some new sunglasses at TJ's (check) and maybe some church clothes (work-in-progress).  Anyone who knows me knows I don't do anything quickly, so I'm gonna need some more shopping time.  A LOT MORE TIME.  Hehe.

Aly

2 comments:

Diane said...

What a treat to have lunch with Summer! Good luck on the shopping efforts.

Chuck and Rebecca said...

What a treat to open your blog and see your beautiful daugher, Summer, staring back at me! I love her picture with the turquoise scarf....so lovely!

How fortunate you are to have so many good friends to support you.....and not just for six weeks. I am looking forward to our lunch date on Tuesday, April 30, at 12:15. Shall I choose a place?