Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Birds and the Bees, Part 2


I have heard that having teenagers is harder than having little kids. If that's the case, I am in serious trouble because having little kids is pretty dang hard sometimes (right, Alisa?). So here we are, at that "pre-teen" stage. Parker, my sweet little Parker, is getting... it's just so hard to say... hormones!!! Suddenly, he is getting calls and texts from girls, is asking to go to boy-girl parties and even leaves the room to talk to his "girlfriend" (which, we had to make the rule that Steven is absolutely NOT allowed to tease him about). He is moodier than usual, always wanting to be somewhere other than home (we sometimes call him Parker McDougal), is starting to have opinions about what brands of clothes to wear (hello, isn't American Eagle and Hollister for real bonafied teenagers?) and has a main goal in life right now to pass off the hardest level of "Guitar Hero". What do I do? No, really, help me. What do I do? I'm open to any and all suggestions!

3 comments:

Montgomery Family said...

NO, not sweet little Parker. I CANNOT believe he has a girlfriend!! Who is it? If I had any advice I would give it, but I have no idea. I am so many stages behind you. So, I fully expect you to be the pro by the time I get there. In fact, I think I'll just have you give "the talk" to my kids. Ok, great!:)

Carrie said...

oooh, you are in trouble, because he is a looker too. He is going to have girls all over him. Good luck. you and McDougals scared Cache and I last night, we just won't allow our little ones to grow up.

Our power was out when we got home last night and I was so bummed because I really wanted to read your posts, it didn't come on until 4 in the morning! Our house was soo cold.

Tueller Family said...

Aly- First I have to say congrats on a new post. I was beginning to wonder! :) Second, help!!! I think I need to have the TALK with Brendon. Joey claims he had it, but I don't think it took! I am not sure that I am mature enough to do it. I may have to pass the buck again to my husband, and hopefully this time he will step it up and do a better job.

Good Luck with Parker. We haven't gotten to that stage yet. We are trying to work out some sassy and disrespectful behavior first. Ahhh, there is no easy stage. From infant to teens, we don't get a break. Unfortunately, I am dealing with the full spectrum!

I too use the winging it philosophy. Is there a better way? :) Have a great day!- Alisa